Which chain sizes come with spring clip connecting links?
• 25 to 60 have spring clip connecting links.
• 80 to 200 have cotter pin connecting links.
• 240 has a spring pin connecting link.
What lubrication should be used in high temperature applications?
We recommend SAE 50 for applications between 50ºC and 60ºC.
From 60ºC to 230ºC, synthetic lubricant is required. Ester based lubricants operate well under these conditions.
What is an offset link and what is its purpose?
An offset link can shorten or lengthen a strand of chain by one pitch. It is recommended not to use them in heavy loaded, high speed, or shock load applications. Due to their design, offset links are 35% weaker than the chain itself.
Can I use a single pitch sprocket with double pitch chain?
When the single pitch sprocket has 30 teeth or greater, it is generally safe to use double pitch chain. The risk of the chain not coming off the sprocket properly increases below 30 teeth, and can cause the chain to wrap around the sprocket.
What is the allowable elongation of roller chain?
For transmission chain, there is almost no risk of fatigue failure when wear elongation is less than or equal to 1.5 percent. For conveyor chain, wear elongation should not exceed 2.0 percent.
What are the critical measurements on ANSI chain?
The three measurements to determine the size of a chain are roller diameter, inside width of the roller link, and the pitch. Pin diameter and sideplate thickness are both important measurements for determining allowable load capabilities.
Minimum Order Quantity
1) In order to offer customers high quality products at competitive prices, currently we do not sell to the public end users. Our minimum order quantity is USD 5,000 per shipment; combination order with other items we offers is acceptable.
For customers who need sample confirmation before ordering, please bear in mind that the following policy will be adopted:
1) All samples are free of charge with the maximum value not exceeding USD 100.
2) The courier cost for the first-time sample sending will be charged for by the consignee. We will send the samples with freight to be collected. So please inform your account with FedEx, UPS, DHL or TNT so that we can proceed promptly.
3) The first-time courier cost will be totally deducted from the contract value of the trial cooperation.